Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beautiful day outside!

Ok, so my ride today was great with the warmer weather (than what we've been having) and sunshine! Yay for sunshine! So, great ride, might even have a new PB for this route. Still, it isn't much fun to get out there and be cruisin' along, enjoying the day and the fact that a) I actually got a decent night's sleep at *night* last night (this is huge for me with my hubby working nights my schedule gets turned around in crazy ways,) and b) the weather was just ideal for a ride today, while dodging dump trucks in your neighborhood!! Seriously, there were several of these dump trucks driving through all of a sudden while I was out there. Yuck. Then two of them stopped on one of those little streets with another utility truck and started to lay asphalt on a little spot left over from when a water main broke weeks ago. Ugh. Hot asphalt as I ride by to get between these trucks. The whole thing didn't take long, but just happened to be there when I rode through. lol So annoying.
Didn't ruin my ride today though, it was great!! Later I saw something so sweet. There is a Dad who quietly takes his little girl (perhaps about 3 yrs old) for a little stroll in some of the fields I ride by and they were out there today. He shows her things in the grass as they move across the field at her speed. It's just so sweet to see a Dad (dressed like he was on his lunch break from work) spend such time with his little daughter every so often. =)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging. There is a great running community out there. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) And thank you both for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete